And I thought sending Zoey off to Kindergarten was hard! First grade is all. day. long. She will get on the bus at 8:40 each morning and not get home until 4:05 each afternoon. I am going to miss her so much! But, this morning, I pretended to be super duper excited... and then cried after the bus pulled away. Why is change so hard?
Last week she was acting really nervous about school and finally admitted to us, with tears in her eyes, that she did not even know how to get to her classroom! A valid concern, I would say, for any 6 year old. The next day I called the school for permission, and we headed over to walk from where the bus would be dropping her off, into the school, and into her classroom. The classroom happened to be unlocked, so we snuck inside, found her seat, and even found a few kids' names she knew from last year. Her demeanor changed completely, and finally she seemed genuinely excited for school to start.
The morning of, she looked beautiful. We picked out her outfit together (a month ago, of course), and she patiently posed for dozens of pictures. (It was so humid outside that the camera lenses kept fogging up, so we finally had to move indoors, and take a dozen more.) What a cutie patutie.
Somebody's little sister really wanted to get on the bus with her.
After school, Zoey was exhausted but all smiles.
I would say I am not the only one who is going to miss Zoey while she's gone all day at school this year. Love these sisters.






No comments :
Post a Comment